I just ran in the Red Rock Relay with 11 other girls......we completed 186 miles total!!
It was so much fun......but very exhausting!! We had a BBQ the night before and then got things to decorate out car with in the morning. Our team name was "WE'RE KIND OF A BIG DEAL" I guess it comes from the movie Anchor Man.....Haley took pictures of us with our headbands on and then distorted our faces.....it was hilarious and we stuck them all over the cars along with pics of Will Farell! All of the quotes on our cars are from the movie also......

This is our team!! Look at us......We're kind of a big deal! haha
Van 2 rocked!!
playing a little phase 10 while waiting for the arrival of the rest of the team!
Daisy was our first runner and I was the 2nd from our van. My first run was 5 miles....it was a killer because of the altitude change. We were 10,000ft up!! I instantly got a headache and was glad I had my inhaler!! But I finished in great time!

PICTURE TIME!! HAHAHA!

Love these girls......it was so much fun!

just waiting for Summer to return from her run....we would drive up about 2 miles and make sure our runner was ok and if they needed anything......it got a little scary running during the night. Especially if there was nobody else around.......
Run Girls Run!!

Here is Megan after her scary night run! She had to run down Cedar Mountain and diesels were hauling butt up and there wasn't much room for her to run....we drove up ahead and stayed close by until she got into town.....

Ok....we were so tired and soooo ready for bed! We were now at the washington city rec center....when we arrived it was dark outside. We laid down our blankets and slept as long as we could.....the sun came up so we ended up only sleeping for about 1.5 hours!! I woke up to dog crap right next to my head!! YUCK!
1.5 hours of sleep....woohoo ready to run my last leg!! I didn't get any pics of my 2nd leg because it was so dark. It was a little scary.....I could hear coyotes the whole time...but it made me run faster so I could keep up with everyone and not be left alone:) My 3rd leg I ran through Hurricane!
This was a killer for me.....a 7 miler at the end of a very exhausting race and it was flat for about the first 2 miles and then......UPHILL the rest!! and my dang ipod stopped working after about 2 miles into it!!
yes I know......I look like death! I couldn't wait for this part to be over!
FINALLY handing off to Deb....GO DEB!
Summer......she got injured the night before this so she ran as much as she could...2 miles. so the rest of us had to pitch in and help....we all ran about 1-1.5 miles each until her leg was over...TEAMWORK!!
Daisy is bringing it home baby!! woowoo!
every time we would finish a leg, we would mark our own leg so by the end we had 3 big marks down our calves.......it was 106 degrees in Enterprise......total dessert!! It mad it tuff to run....
Daisy pouring water all over herself.....she had to finish with an 8 miler...and she helped run for injured runners too!! She is awesome!
just messin around after crossing the finish line together!!
Van 1 in front...Van 2 in back
"WE'RE KIND OF A BIG DEAL"
After no showering,no sleep,hardly any food,upset stomachs,bathroom emergencies,bottles of Ibprophen, we had a great time!!
THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME GIRLS!!
3 comments:
im still dying about the dog shit! hahaha... haha.. im laughing out loud!.. you didnt say how long the total run was??
You made it look and sound so fun....let's do it again! Wait..didn't we say if we forgot how hard it was we should remind ourselves and say..."Hell no!"
But really it was a blast. Thanks for posting this.
run run run!! good job raelee! when can chant play?
Post a Comment