On Sunday during the conference break, we went to Nana and Papa Stafford's and colored Easter Eggs. Nana Stafford colors eggs a little different.....1st clip leaves and flowers all around the yard...2nd we dip the eggs in water and put the leaves and flowers where we want them. The water helps them stick.....3rd we wrapped thread around the egg to keep the leaves and flowers in place[Branson got very frustrated with this!]......4th we then put them in a big pot and boil them for about 25 min in water and onion skins[yucky smell!].....5th after 25 min we unwind the string and peel the leaves and flowers off......6th we wipe crisco all over the egg to make them shiny!....And look how beautiful they turned out! We ended up doing 4 DoZeN EgGs!! We had a good time and Nana told the kids that her family had been coloring eggs like this for many many years!! I think they turned out so pretty, I don't even want to eat them!



6 comments:
they did turn out awesome! crazy what a stinky onion can do!.. ps way to go on the post!! Im so proud of you!
OH I love it I AM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY IT. Sorry Tyce clicked the caps button. 9 more days until you see your favorite sister ;) Love you guys.
how cool, i may have to try that. do you have to use the onions?
I love Donna's eggs... they are truly beautiful! What a neat tradition!
That is such a great idea. Those eggs turned out so cute. My kids get the traditional dunk your eggs in a gross smelling vinegar solution and let it dry.
I just saw you have a blog! Fun! you're kids are darling. Send me your email and I can send you an invite to mine if you'd like :)
Post a Comment