When we arrived at Uncle Charlies in Richfield, this is the first thing that Grandma showed us. She was so excited about it because her and my Grandpa built it and put in a flushable toilet! It is really cute. When you walk in it is pretty dark, so you flip on the lights and that also turns on the light outside.......that is the sign that it is in use.......Grandma was really excited about that too:) But this little house made a lot of people happy, we usually have to go into someones trailer or RV and use the bathroom.

Every year a different family is incharge. This year it was the Busk family. It is my Aunt Ruth's kids(my Grandpa Evans' sister) she passed away years ago and left behind 7 kids!! Her husband, Uncle Morgan re-married and had 2 more children and even named one of them Raelee(all of his kids start with "R") but he has always stayed close to the Evans family and comes to everything....they did such a great job and had a little carnival. The girls got their faces painted.

They had a fishing pond and the kids won these silly glasses!!

There was also a bing bag toss.......Im pretty sure that Justin still owes Branson $10.00 since he beat him! haha

There was this ride and it would spin you around upside down.....if you look close all that is holding you is seat belts!!! You knew for sure that you were at an Evans function with this contraption! Meah wanted to do it so bad, so Sairee did it with her. They just swung them back and forth......but they spun it all the way around once and the look on Meah's face was priceless!! She was so scared!!

Everyone talked me into doing it, and I thought I would be safe doing it with little Sairee. But she LOVED it and kept saying faster faster!! I thought I was going to die.....I was so sick, I couldn't even eat anything......YUCK!! But it was worth it when I heard Sairee's funny little laugh the whole time!!
Every year we have an auction and everybody donates stuff.......all of the money that is made goes to the next years reunion! Dad always does great as the MC.......
There was a lot of cotton candy left from the carnival, so you could get 2 for $1.00 at the auction..... Trey just kept grabbing bags of it, it was pretty funny!!!
It wouldn't be an Evans reunion without a water fight!! This year somehow I avoided getting wet! Branson got dad with water and it looked like he peed his pants!! Uncle Don got drenched!!!

This is Grandpa hiding from the water......it is a funny picture, looks like a modeling pose!! Meah of course loves the 4-wheeler......Chantry and Sydney were cruising everywhere and trying not to get wet........but they were drenched by the end!!

We always have such a good time at these things and we get to see our cousins that we remember growing up with, but never see anymore! My Grandparents started this tradition when they got home from their mission. We always have a little tribute to Great Grandma Helen Evans and my kids get to hear what a great lady she was!! We also get to hear stories about Great Grandpa Evans, I never met him but have learned what a great man he was!!
3 comments:
you got some good pictures ;)
how fun. All these pictures make me want to get closer to you guys. Many more reasons but I hate that I miss out on so much. I love the pictures. Love you guys.
I know Ran, we really miss having you there! You WILL be there next year!!.. how long does it take you to drive to Richfield?... I'm thinking about 5-6 hrs? that really wouldn't be that bad!
Remember... Labor Day Week-end.
Post a Comment