This morning after the kids left for school, I was finishing up getting ready and still had to wake up the little girls and get them ready. Well my phone rang and it was a neighbor asking a question and then we were talking about the races that day and which ones our kids were running.....and then she told me that if Chantry was running the 50 meter dash then I had better hurry because it was the 2nd event! AHHHHHH!!! I ran around getting the kids ready, threw the bread, peanut butter, jelly, snacks,drinks, and the kids in the car and off we went! Well lucky for me the buses were running behind and then it put all of the races behind!
Chantry was so dang nervous..... she's not really the "running" type. I even had to go buy her running shoes.....well she can't run in her high heels!!!! She does play soccer so I knew that she could run, she just has never ran in front of people on a track. Brooks took her and her friend Halle to the track the night before and gave them some good tips....#1 don't stop..#2 don't start laughing...#3 don't look at your neighbor...#4 don't fall!! haha. Chantry was still so nervous that day, she was also going to do the relay, which her teacher had not even practiced with them!! So Brooks also ran over that with them. When she got up to run I was so nervous! I kept thinking that she is probably just going to start laughing and won't be able to finish.... but she did GREAT!! She came in 4th place and we were both very happy with that. Her relay team didn't win but those girls were so cute and they were running there butts off! Hey they didn't care if they won, besides they would all rather be dancing!!!! You did great today Channy we love you!!
Chantry is in the pink jacket and green shorts!
The relay....look at the smile on her face!! They had to finish up all relay's at the school because the buses couldn't wait...bummer.
Chantry and Halle did a great job!!!
Chantry and the girls waiting to race!!
Branson ran close to the end of the track meet.... so yes we were there ALL DAY!! He signed up to do the long jump, softball throw, the 100 meter, and the relay. When he brought the paper home showing me what he signed up for, I was mad at him for not doing more running events. But then he reminded me about last year.... he did to many and made himself so sick that he had to drop out of the 100 meter dash. So this year he decided that he would sign up for one that he knew he would do pretty good in and he wouldn't eat anything until he was done! He thinks that he ate to much pizza last year, but I think it was because he was a dork and signed up to run the 800 meter last year plus 2 more running events!! Well it finally came time for him to run and he came up to me and said " hey mom I probably won't win because I am running against Trey!" Trey is a new kid this year, and because he has a darker color of skin, Branson just knew he would win!! Branson and Trey are really good friends and they always joke about Trey having "black speed".....so the race started and they were neck and neck the whole way and Branson just gave a little more at the end and won!!! Then he raced in the finals, which are all of the fastest times. And he was so nervous because now he was racing against his 2 darker friends, Daniel and Trey,and they are really fast! But I could tell that he was a little more confident this time, but still way nervous. They were off and right away he took the lead....I couldn't believe it he won!!! He did so awesome and I am sure that the people around me think that I am a crazy lady.....but I was so freakin excited for him!! I talked to him later and said, "see I told you that you could do it, you just have to believe that you can!!" Then later their relay team kicked butt!! So now we have district to look forward too! We are proud of you bud...love ya!!
Branson and his friend Trey on the end!! 100 meter
The Finals... Trey, Branson, and Daniel kickin some butt!!
Getting their ribbons!!
The gang waiting to race!!!
Trevor being a dork!!!
7 comments:
They look awesome they so did not get there running jean from me. Remember 2nd to last all the time :)Don't worry I am not ashamed I'm proud. Good job kids I love you.
yay! im so proud of both of them.. im proud that channy didnt laugh, look at her neighbor, stop, or fall.. cuz i was expecting atleast one of those.. good thing she can dance!! and branson kicked butt way to go dude im so excited for you
What a great tip not to look side to side. Tell Brooks to take Bailey next time. haha.
I am laughing right now, because I just read Randi's comment... I was telling Raelee that you would always come in 2nd to the last with this big smile on your face, and I would be in tears because you were so proud... you didn't care if you took last, you were just happy to be running... and that made me proud!!
I am so proud of both of you!!! Chantry I am so glad that you got out there and ran... you go girl!!!
Branson... you did great!!! I am so happy for you and I look forward to district.... I will be there this time!!!... just remember how fast your Dad was in high school... you've got his speed...!! Love you both!!!
Great tips Brooks... I could just see Chantry looking over at her friends and laughing, then falling... brings back memories of Jamie... she was always looking at everyone else, to make sure they were all having as good a time as she was... lol
I'am so proud of both of them. Chantry looks like me when I was her age. Way taller then all of the kids and not really into running, but she did awesome and so did Branson. Love you guys.
glad Branson didn't lose to the kid that was "darker color of skin" I am laughing my butt off right now at that! You are so funny!!!! Good job Stafford kids...Rylee has hers in a couple of weeks, and she runs just like her mom....up and down not forward! I was like Randi only I always felt like I was in a better place than I got. I felt like I was running so fast, but I never really got anywhere!
Great job Branson and Chantry! Looks like you guys had a good day. It looks so nice and warm there.
Post a Comment