The other night at Branson's baseball game, Jess and Mike came to watch and she took these awesome pictures!! This first one is my favorite....it seriously makes me teary every time that I look at it. I just can't believe how grown up he is. At this game our neighbor Nate Ence asked where Branson was out on the field and I looked where he normally is and I said, "maybe is is on the bench I don't see him." Then Branson looked over at me and gave me the little head nod....it was him out there! He just looked so big I think that he grew lastnight!! Nate started laughing and he agreed with me he didn't even think that was him! Now when I say big, I mean old.....you can actually see this kids ribs.....there is nothing big about him!!


He did such a good job on Tuesday night, even his coach told him that this was one of his best games! He didn't really enjoy baseball last year because he was one of the younger ones so you don't play as much, but this year he sat a couple of innings the first couple of games, but he hasn't sat out once since the 2nd game! He has finally gotten the confidence to smack that ball! This age is hard because if you don't get a good pitcher you walk a lot or you could get hit and Branson was always nervous about the getting hit part! But once he was hit, it didn't hurt as bad as he thought it would!!

I love this picture too....he is so intense!!




This is what the coach loves about Brannosn.......he is so FREAKIN FAST!! I guess he get's that from his mom.......NOT......his dad for sure!! At the first of the season he felt like his baseball cleats where to heavy and they slowed him up.......so next game he came with his soccer cleats on and it really did make a difference!!!! But after awhile he started wearing his baseball cleats again!


Branson has played 1st base this year, 3rd base, catcher, pitcher, and center field! His least favorite is center field! But coach told him that they really need him back there on games where they know that there are some big hitters because if they do drop, he has the speed and arm to get it in there quick! At this game, he caught a couple that were hit to center field, but one was going back to the fence and he did catch it.......but it fell out of his mitt!!! He was so ticked he chucked it clear from the fence and it made it all the way to the pitcher! Coach told the team after the game that Branson saved them 2 runs because he was quick and got that ball exactly where he should have!! Good job bud!

But as you can see sometimes bitting your nails is the most exciting thing that happens in center field!! He always does this when he gets nervous......he does get that from his mom!!
I am so proud of him and how far he has come this year!
I have this quote in his bedroom and I love it.....
"EVERY ATHLETE WAS ONCE A ROOKIE!"
3 comments:
He is getting so old..still cute as ever! all of your kids are!! p.s are you watching the bachelorette?
Soo cute. I wish we could watch him play - I bet it's pretty intense!!
Does my heart good to see him enjoying baseball! Love to watch him play no matter what the sport is... but we just have a love for baseball!! He looks so big... and he IS getting big!! It's a bitter sweet thing for Nana.... (now it's Grandma... after a certain age it's not cool to call your grandma, Nana;).. and I totally get it!! :0)
He did such a great job... and man does he have some speed going around those base's. Love ya, Bud!
Post a Comment