Tuesday, June 30, 2009

THE BIG 50TH B-DAY PARTY!!!!

I can't believe that my mom is 50.....holy crap she looks good!!! We had a big party for her and it turned out great. So many friends and family were able to come....thanks so much! In the top left corner is mom's birthday present from grandma and grandpa Evans!! My Grandma has been obsessed with making these crazy hats....it is pretty funny since it matches perfect...haha. Then the bottom corner pictures are her present from some of her friends....a his and her's dream body make-over kit!! They never have to workout again....they just have to slip their shirts on!!
Isn't this the cutest cake ever??? It took me all day.....NOT! Randi made this adorable cake and I was very impressed!
The food was yummy!! we had fruit and veggie trays and a dessert bar...... Stahlei Cattering did a great job!!
The center pieces turned out so cute! These clear blocks have been used at ALOT of weddings around town.....we rubbed cute sayings on the blocks. They were all things that mom says..."Where is Meah!" "Seriously" "Oh Bother" OH....the rolls" "not in my kitchen sink" "Flippin Finnilly" "Regis stop that!" Then we tied cute colorful bow around them!!
Nana Lisa and Tyce....

PICTURE TIME!!!
After eating Jamie and I sang a song.....Jess and I re-wrote the song "Daddy's Hands" it was so fun....here is a couple parts...."I remember mamas hands folded silently in prayer and reaching out to smack us when we pulled each others hair. She could read quite the stories from the lies in our eyes...years of little worries were left on our behinds!" It went on and talked about all the wrecks we had and how mom would pull our hair real tight while braiding our hair!!! It was so fun!!
This is my moms family that could make it....Her Aunt Tony and Aunt Delores are so great and come to everything even things that my kids do!!! Thanks for all of your support everyone!!
This is everybody from my dads side that could make it...they are all amazing and come to everything that they can!! Aunt Kellie even came from Lindon, Ut. I think she came the farthest! Thanks to all of you for all of your support!!
Mom and Dad have such AMAZING friends!! Most of these friends have been friends with them for along time and they go on vacations together and they are super great! Some of the other friends are friends that they met when dad started golfing....thanks for everything!!
We all told some things about our mom and of course I couldn't hold back the tears, but I just feel sooooo blessed to have such a wonderful person in my life!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!
PS....I have to thank Jamie Holt for the DVD....it turned out great! I was only stressed for a minute!!!! Thanks again!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute post Rae... you are just getting so good at this.. maybe you should take over my blog!!
Thanks for the wonderful party... you girls did an amazing job!! Everything was so nice! Really I was amazed when I walked in and saw the center pieces, the cake, and the invitations were so cute, thank you Janice! The song was so cleaver, and so beautifully sung! I just can't thank you enough! It was great to see that my girls are all grown up and can pull a major event like this off and they did it without my help!!... I didn't mention the video, it was cute as well... you could have left out a few of those pictures and it would have been better!! haha... I sure got my eyes opened!! I'm pretty sure there were alot more bad years than good ones!!! Some of those pictures were pretty scary! But thank you Jamie for making yet another video for the Evans family... you are such a great friend!
Thanks again,
Love you!

Jess Mangum said...

you got some good pictures!!

*kRiSti* said...

Looks like fun and sounds like everything was perfect! You have an awesome mom and I hope she had a great birthday! 50 is the new 30 now days, right :)

Boo and Sara said...

The party looks like it was a huge success! Happy Birthday to your mom!